Letter to Elise

Elly was named Elise after this song as both Daddy and I were big Cure fans. She totally loves this song so I had to include it on her Blog now didn't I... If this is the first time you have visited SilvaLand, please be sure to scroll right down and go to 'older posts' too as there are more pages. Alternatively, go to the Archives and click on a title for that blog. Oh, and don't forget to leave a message for Elly in her chat box. She will get back to you.

Wednesday 4 July 2007

Catch Up Time......

Good Morning folks.

It's 6.30am, grey and winter like but hey, it's not raining so thats something. LOL.

I have a little time to 'catch up' with Ellys new blog and transfere all of her things from BooLand. Then, hopefully, I can update and put the rest of her goodies up for you all. I can't promise we'll get something up daily but we'll certainly try our hardest to get one or two things up weekly for you so be sure to check back often for new bits and bobs.

First of all, lets get some of those scrapbook layouts up.... Here ya go...

I love these of Elly blowing Dandilions. Just look how hard she was blowing and still those seeds just wouldn't fly lol....



The journaling on this layout reads...'I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow you away....'



Oh boy, just look at that face. I wonder who she takes after. LOL.



Next up is Elly making her Brownie Pledge as she becomes a full Brownie. She was so nervous about this and practised for hours but on the night, she was word perfect and just look at that face.... lol.... so intense.



The journaling around the edge is actually the Brownie Promise and Pledge. It reads.....

The Brownie Guide Promise is:
I Promise that I will do my best, to love my God, to serve the Queen and my country, to help other people, and to keep the Brownie Guide Law.
The Brownie Guide Law is:
A Brownie Guide thinks of others before herself and does a Good Turn every day.


Next up is a little bit of fun. Elly went through a bit of a rough time at school, adjusting to life and missing her Dad and we had quite a time of it getting her back on track. School helped by putting her on a special 'report'. It was a chart that broke the school day up into small sessions and Elly had a new task each session, like sitting quietly on the carpet during story time or staying at her table during lesson time or helping another child with something. Lots of little tasks like that.


At first, every section of the chart had black marks and I thought we'd never break through but suddenly, things fell into place and before we knew it she was getting the HeadTeachers Award on a regular basis.....

What a little STAR.....



The sticker she stuck to her head reads 'I Love YOU'. Ahhhh bless.


Can you believe I made all of these layouts with Publisher? Wow, they turned out pretty good considering, don't you think?


Well, time to get ready for school so I'll be back later with some more for you.


TTFN

Boo n Elly xx













No comments: