Letter to Elise

Elly was named Elise after this song as both Daddy and I were big Cure fans. She totally loves this song so I had to include it on her Blog now didn't I... If this is the first time you have visited SilvaLand, please be sure to scroll right down and go to 'older posts' too as there are more pages. Alternatively, go to the Archives and click on a title for that blog. Oh, and don't forget to leave a message for Elly in her chat box. She will get back to you.

Wednesday 4 July 2007

Continuing 'Catch Up'....

Ok, Elly is now at school and I have a little more time to 'catch up' with her blog. Next up is a little layout I did while trying out the latest fad of 'Pop Out Pictures'. Thats where part of the picture goes beyond the frame giving the picture a 3d effect. You can tell on this picture it was my first attempt and using Publisher too so I'm pretty pleased with the final picture. However, you'll see how things changed as I got to learn the process in my CS3 programme (Thats a graphic programme with Adobe for those of you who don't know).

The funniest thing was while Elly was 'posing' (she loves posing for the camera, lucky me.... lol) she spotted the tiniest spider crawling on the bluebells. I've never heard such a loud scream and suddenly, the bluebells were up in the air and Elly was at the other end of the garden. I could hardly stand for laughing....

I took quite a lot of photos of her with the bluebells so there will be more 'BlueBell' layouts to come. Isn't the colour just stunning....

Next up are some of my favourite of Elly along with her step-sister, Jess. those of you who know me will know my favourite flower of all is the Cherry Blossom. I couldn't resist taking the girls out for a photo shoot while these delicate flowers where in bloom and I had a lot of fun experimenting with another technique. This one lays the picture on top of another and allows you to 'see through' the top layer. I think it gives the photo a 'magical' touch.

and Jess......



Again, I took quite a few photos on this shoot, dispite the rainy weather, so there will be more Blossom layouts to come in the future.












No comments: